First, I saw this on Lyndsay's blog (how come her mom spelled her name all cool and mine didn't?), and I sorta (really) wanted to do it too, then I saw it on Chocolate Girl's blog and I knew it was calling to me. So, here goes:
Bold the things that you've done...
1. Started your own blog - Hello, I think we all got that one right.
2. Slept under the stars - I love camping and being outside, and I think it was a prerequisite for a date with my husband.
3. Played in a band - Not unless the school program in the 3rd grade counts
4. Visited Hawaii- Let's do that again
5. Watched a meteor shower - In college, on Mary's Peak
6. Given more than you can afford to charity - I try to help when I can, wish that was more often.
7. Been to Disneyland - It's the happiest place on earth!
8. Climbed a mountain - Hills count right? And what if I was whining & complaining the whole time?
9. Held a praying mantis - Thanks, but no thanks.
10. Sang a solo -You can all be thankful for this.
11. Bungee jumped - Someday, maybe
12. Visited Paris - In college with some girlfriends, I don't think I'll go back.
13. Watched a lightening storm - I love weather and all the amazing powerful things it can do.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - This is probably a bit of a stretch, but I'm going with it.
15. Adopted a child - There certainly are better people in the world than me.
16. Had food poisoning - A few times, I wouldn't recommend it.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty - I'd sure like to see it someday, though.
18. Grown your own vegetables - I had a low yielding tomato plant, once.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France - Did you know that they are closed on Tuesdays? I didn't know either when I planned that leg of the vacation. Oh well.
20. Slept on an overnight train - I've been on a train, but I didn't sleep for fear that someone would steal all my stuff.
21. Had a pillow fight - This is basic required practice for all female teenagers.
22. Hitch hiked - No thanks.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - Once, and then I got sick. I don't mess with Karma like that anymore.
24. Built a snow fort - I rgew up like 22 feet from the ocean, we didn't even know what snow looked like.
25. Held a lamb - My college boyfriends family raised them, they were so cute. Then they ate them. It's one meat I will not have any part of.
26. Gone skinny dipping - The house I lived in one summer had a pool... I had to try it (and I'd recommend it).
27. Run a Marathon - I can hardly run to the end of the block.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - I watched the ones in Vegas go around and around.
29. Seen a total eclipse -Nope, maybe someday.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - Not at the same time, but they are breathtaking aren't they?
31. Hit a home run -I was never good at sports with any sort of bat or racket.
32. Been on a cruise - Maybe someday?
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors- Do my parents count as ancestors? Other than that, I got nothing.
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language- I have a hard enough time with my first language.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - I'm pretty sure that money doesn't lead to true satisfaction.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person - No, but I love italian food, yum!
39. Gone rock climbing - I went to the climbing center at Oregon State once, but I don't think that counts. It was a lot harder than I imagined it to be.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke - This was back in the days when I used to go to bars and be fun, not I'm old and boring.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - I buy coffee for the car behind me now and then, does that count?
44. Visited Africa - My husband & I have talked about it lots and lots and lots, I need a much more expensive lens for my camera if we ever make it there!
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - Remember, I grew up right next to the ocean.
46. Been transported in an ambulance - Let's hope this never gets a bold status.
47. Had your portrait painted - No one would want that.
48. Gone deep sea fishing - I'm afraid of throwing up for sport.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - It's a long ways up, and I used to be afriad of heights, but I did go up there. (And I'm not afraid anymore, in fact, what is the opposite of that?)
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - I went snorkeling in Hawaii when I was like 16, but it still counts.
52. Kissed in the rain - Hello, I live in Oregon. It's more impressive if there is something you haven't done in the rain.
53. Played in the mud - Again with the living in Oregon thing.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater - I freakin' LOVE those!
55. Been in a movie -
56. Visited the Great Wall of China - I don't even think its on my list of things to do.
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class - I'd really like to though, maybe Krav Maga (I heard its a great, fun workout- I need fun or it doesn't do it for me).
59. Visited Russia -That would be awesome.
60. Served at a soup kitchen - I feel guilty saying no to this one.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies - No, but I make a healthy contribution every year by purchasing stacks of them (this doesn't count as the charity thing, does it?)
62. Gone whale watching - In Hawaii on our snorkel trip, they were AMAZING.
63. Got flowers for no reason - I love my husband, some days more than others... but I always love him:-)
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma -Once, that was enough for me (Besides, I only did it for the donuts and juice).
65. Gone sky diving - I actaully went and did the class and then the weather never cleared up so we didn't get to go. Bummer.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp -
67. Bounced a check - I'm a much better money manager now, though.
68. Flown in a helicopter - I'd totally sign up for this
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - I'm not much of a "saver" unless my mom has it in the attic. I did have one stuffed animal that I loved, but my dog got a hold of it and it couldn't be saved.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - I suck and I've never been to Washington DC. I really want to go, though!
71. Eaten Caviar - gross
72. Pieced a quilt - I got a quilt "kit" from my hubby for Christmas, it's almost done too!
73. Stood in Times Square - Going to NYC is #1 on my list of things to do in my life.
74. Toured the Everglades - I'm not a fan of hot weather or aligators or humidity. I think I'll pass on this one.
75. Been fired from a job - I got laid off, but that doesn't count (says me).
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London - I can't believe I didn't see this while we were there.
77. Broken a bone - It's not as fun as it sounds
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle - And, I even got my motorcycle license. I'm not sure why though.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person - It's hot there, no thanks.
80. Published a book - I don't have anything that profound to say.
81. Visited the Vatican -
82. Bought a brand new car - A few, probably too many.
83. Walked in Jerusalem - I need to go on more vacations, obviously
84. Had your picture in the newspaper - and it wasn't even a bad thing.
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve - This doesn't sound like a very good idea.
86. Visited the White House - Again, I need more vacations
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - An antelope, hubs was so proud of me.
88. Had chickenpox - But, I was so young that I don't remember.
89. Saved someone’s life - well, I have to use a hands free device in the car now, so probably.
90. Sat on a jury -knock on wood.
91. Met someone famous - Does Sara Bareilles count? I played volleyball with her in high school.
92. Joined a book club - That's too much pressure for me.
93. Got a tattoo - just one, but everytime I watch LA Ink, I want some huge crazy one (they really are amazing artists). And then I get back into my right mind.
94. Had a baby - she's pretty awesome.
95. Seen the Alamo in person - Need.More.Vacations (and money to go on them).
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake - see above
97. Been involved in a law suit - I think I got $2 in the mail once for some class action suit about music CDs or something, but I'm still going with no on this one.
98. Owned a cell phone -really? are there people out there that haven't?
99. Been stung by a bee - This is an intersting item to end on...
5 days ago