This week, there is no 5 question Friday... which is ok because I plan to do a whole lot of nothing tomorrow. Sean and I both have the day off and no festivities until the evening. I need a good day of unwinding. So, I borrowed this fun little Christmas Survey from Kaitlin.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, the bags don't stack well under the tree and I just enjoy wrapping anyway.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. I miss the smell of a real tree... but not the watering or falling needles or having to buy a new one every year.
3. When do you put up the tree? After Natalee's birthday... which is December 1st. I don't want it associated with her birthday.
4. When do you take the tree down? If it's up to me, the day after Christmas but Sean likes to leave it for a few days after. I like to get everything cleaned up and tidy, but I'll give it a few extra days this year in my attempt to be less "scrooge-like."
5. Do you like eggnog? Nope.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? To be honest, I don't remember... but I'm sure it was 'Rad'
7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad... "luckily" this year he had a bunch of stuff stolen from a tailgate party so I was able to just replace some of that.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Either my stepdad, since I get him the exact same thing every year (a calendar with photos of the grandkids) or my brother-in-law Rob, because he makes very good detailed lists.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Negative.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, they are one of those things that just need to go into the mail... and I like getting mail like that too.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Like I've said before, if someone took the time to think of me I can't really call it a bad gift.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Bad Santa or Elf.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually when Sean's bonus check arrives, which is usually around the 4th of December. I wish I was one of those people that picked things up here and there all year and then was all done with shopping in October.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can recall.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Turkey dinner, yum!!
16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? Clear, I wish that ours twinkled though.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Christmas songs aren't really my thing... oh, but Carol of the Bells is a good one.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home and run around to visit everyone like we're on fire.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Um... Dasher, Dancer, Comet, Cupid, Vixen, Prancer, Donner, Blitzen. Oh yeah!
20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Whenever we can find time? Sean said we should wait until the day after Christmas since we're always so busy... but I like Christmas morning.
22. Favorite children’s Christmas song? Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The people and the lines and the traffic and... oh, was I only supposed to pick one thing?
24. Favorite ornament theme or color? Our ornaments are (almost) all sort of Nature/Outdoor theme. I LOVE it.
25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day? Turkey, because ham is gross.
26. What do you want for Christmas this year? A new sewing machine, but I'll be lucky if I get socks this year.
27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa? We usually hire someone to play Santa at the Austin Family Christmas which is done the week before Christmas. The kids absolutely love it.
28. Age you discovered who Santa was? I have no idea.
29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider? Hot cider please, I'll take the spiced one from Starbucks please, yum!
30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? I like the more muted tones, copper and maroon and dark green.
31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof? Uh, no.
32. How does Santa get into your house? Chimney or magic key? Probably magic key because our fireplace is gas... though it does have a vent to the outside so that is a possible mode of entrance.
33. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards? Either is fine, I'm just thankful when someone thinks of me.
34. Favorite children’s Christmas Cartoon? No idea... I'm hoping to avoid that until at least next year.
5 days ago